“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Celebrating Midlife - II

by Indang


WHO I HAVE BECOME AND WILL BE

The retreat reiterated my acceptance of who I have become and will be. It was accepting myself in my midlife stage and all that it entails: aging parent, growing "apo" (grandchild) in my care, children leaving home, and reversal of roles with my kids. Our children are now giving us advise and doing things for us instead of us doing things for them.

I praise God for all my friends who are sharing this moment with me at this time of my life - Arlene, Elena, Menchu, Mayang, Jing and Faith. And the younger women - Wing, Rose, Frandie, Jenny and Sony. They're not yet there or about to get there. But because we have Jesus as our common denominator, we share a bond of experiences in the various stages of life. We pray for each other, communicate and understand and trust God for everything. And so life goes on but whatever my lot is, with my old friends and new who will continue to lift me up in prayer, it is well with my soul.

God bless us all Women of Purpose!

No comments:

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries