“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Attitude

by $aMsUng

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
Well, she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today?' So she did and she had a wonderful day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?' So she did and she had a grand day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.' So she did and she had a fun, fun day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
'YEA!' she exclaimed,'I don't have to fix my hair today!'
Attitude is everything.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly,
Leave the rest to God.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain!!!

This woman certainly had a severe case of hair loss. Only three lustrous strands of hair on her head? Bet you she’s never had a bad hair day! From three to none…and still be able to exhibit glorious and fun days, is she for real???

Ever thought about going bald? Some men actually think it makes them more distinguished-looking (PLEASE, somebody tell them it simply makes them look...OLD!) For clarification, there’s close-cropped, which is the trend nowadays, and there’s the shiny bald. Hair loss is no laughing matter, so go get help…call (02) 892-HAIR. Ask for Svenson.

But the ladies, well, well, now that’s different, their mane is their crowning glory… take it away and you’d find them on bended knees and uplift arms praying, “Lord, take me, right this moment!” Losing one’s hair is like losing a limb.

It happened to me, so here’s my sob story.

What an experience having cancer is. Wouldn’t have chosen it on the menu of health struggles as I am one of those who wants to live to be a hundred. I knew chemotherapy would cost me my beautiful hair, but nothing ever prepared me for the huge chunks that fall off every time I shampooed. Finally, with more bald spots on my head than hair, I opted to shave it all off. I thought I looked quite voguish with my cap or bandanna until one day my sister’s friend mistook me for a boy. I was also all skin and bones then but that’s no excuse for her oversight! I wanted to tell her to get new glasses… I was even willing to shell out money for it!!! But being the tactful person that I am, I just prayed, “Lord, please forgive her for her poor eyesight.”

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tire – what may seem to be disasters at the time may end up redirecting our lives in a meaningful way. The miracles of my past are the strengths of my future. I am who and what I am today because of what I’ve been through. To all the people, especially my family and good friends, who have supported me and prayed for me, much thanks from the deepest corner of my heart. This is one side effect that I most sincerely welcome, connecting with incredibly beautiful people. This happened to me 12 years ago, and I am happy to say that by the grace of God, I am clean.

And I got my hair back!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your articles and will always give a smile on my face! Very well said, sister. Life can be tough if we don't have the right attitude. Thank you for inspiring us through your witty, yet hard-hitting life stories. You make life a little brighter! God richly bless you!

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries