“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fresh Start

by
-$aMsUng-

I’ve never been big on New Year’s Resolution, especially when I never keep them anyway. But this year I need to make some drastic changes in my life.

Number one: I need to wean myself off my tranqs. I’m getting to be a regular junkie…but that would literally mean sleepless nights! The best time of the day for me starts at the witching hour, no kidding! I’m a certified nocturnal creature. So what to do? I can get a job at the call center (I’d probably be calling in sick more than I’d be working. Sad to say, this body is made in China); be a security guard, I’d be so alert not even a stray cat can get past me. GRO? Need to take up ballroom dancing ala Jennifer Lopez in Shall We Dance first though. So far, those are the only options I could think of…and none of them look or sound too appealing.

Number two: Improve my badminton game. I need to be more like Jack, nimble and quick, thank goodness I don’t have to jump over a candlestick. Okay, so here are the strokes I need to improve on. My high clear which I want to stretch all the way from one end of the court to the other, powerful smashes that will intimidate my opponents, blocks and drives to counter-attack their smash; drop shots that gets them running towards all directions! I also resolve never to play ping-pong in a badminton court. But to be able do all these, I have to have my forty winks, hence the need for my unhealthy dose of vitamins hoping I’d be sleepyzzz by the time I finish posting this blog.

Maybe I’ll start New Year’s Resolution number one tomorrow or someday, but I definitely need to get some shut-eye so I can dream of my number two Resolution.

But seriously? We don’t need the New Year to make all sorts of resolutions which always remain unresolved, regardless of our good intentions. My badminton game still sucks! But I thank God that He gives us a fresh start daily. We make mistakes, we stumble and fall, but we can always get up and start anew, anytime…anywhere. With the Lord by our side, there is nothing that we cannot do. So I think my best position would be to start my day with a recommitment to the Lord, thank Him for His gift of SALVATION, freely given to anyone who chooses to accept. If there is one absolute thing in my life… it is the fact that I am a child of God and I am so blessed that He bestowed such a precious gift upon me. “Are you?”

So here’s to a great year ahead of all of us, hope it brings us nothing but good. Have a wonderful year, everyone!!! Or rather, have a wonderful everyday, everyone!!!

No comments:

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries