“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Significant Other

by $aMsUng



I love late nights while he starts his day at 6am, just when I’m about halfway through my sleep. With the aid of two electronic pills, the PBA and World Series Golf Tournaments, he’s dead to the world around 10pm. Me? I’m partial to waking up at noon, in time for lunch. He’s a mall rat…I’m not! I like going out-of-town, go to the beach or up the mountains, breathe in some fresh air. His idea of relaxation is none other than malling or having a cup of coffee at any place comfy. And I don’t drink coffee, I prefer tea… although warm water would suit me just fine. I can hang around the house all day long… read, watch television or play computer games. He could only stay home if I tied him to our bed. Too bad we don’t have bed posts. I enjoy traveling, seeing more of the world… and here’s the tricky part, now he prefers staying home!!! And they say women are hard to understand???

Sometimes I wonder why the Lord has brought us together. But despite our differences, there is that spark of passion (once upon a time), love and affection for each other. We both pursue different interests, but at the end of the day, we’re together (albeit one asleep, one awake). He’s a health nut, while I adore everything that’s absolutely bad for the health! And for that I get a series of sermonettes, which oftentimes makes me feel I married a preacher.

I’m the don’t-care about physical wellness type…and he looks after me. He’s pretty much an independent guy, does his own grocery shopping, but remembers to buy me yogurt, crackers and low calorie, sugar-free drinks every now and then. He gets hopping mad when I gorge myself with junk food. I start a program and when I’m not around to finish it, he picks up the tab, no questions asked.

He’s still the loving, compassionate, giving and caring man that attracted me to him in the first place. Of course, to point out that one could practically smell him a mile away also factored it. I am the coffeemate to his coffee, he is the honey to my tea. Dissimilar in so many ways… but we blend well together. He fits me like an old and snug favorite shoe. He is my anchor and in his arms I find my haven. He is very supportive of me, I cannot imagine life without him.

Now that’s the most unromantic portrayal of a blissful marriage one could ever write about (certainly, it’s blissful because we’re not together 24/7, otherwise we’d be squabbling over every little thing), but there are some things done in private that are better left unsaid...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, too bad you don't have bedposts! But then it would be one of the things done in private best left unsaid.
Marriage is not a bed of roses. Two people in close proximity, each with his own beliefs and convictions, will tend to collide and clash. Still, love really does conquer. Husband and wife becomes the yin and yang of each other and truly, life is unimaginable without each other.

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries