“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rest


NOTICE TO ALL: THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS
UNDER NEW ADMINISTRATION
by MAL


Real Life:
I love New Year’s Day! It always brings a promise of a better year. New Year spells HOPE for me.

As I’ve always done in the past, January 1 would find me up very early in the morning seated on my favorite spot in our dining room ready with my new devotional book, new journal for the year, and my Bible. My quiet time would always end with, “What is there for me this year, Father?”

January 1, 2007 , REST.” “Okay, Lord. What do you mean by this? Yes, I do clamor for rest but not that much. I think I’m happy with what I’m doing. Yes, I worry but they’re legitimate reasons, Lord. Anyway, though I don’t know what it is, I believe you! So, it’s REST then". I wrote on my journal...."I will set you always before me, you are at my right hand, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 16:8). This year, I will take you for your Word, God. I have to prove to myself that indeed you are worthy of my trust.”

I didn’t know God would take me seriously!

You see, I am a very good script writer. As each year begins, I already have a set role for each of my characters. The plot is ready. Calling it my vision, I see to it that my actors and actresses perform their respective parts so that my vision will come into fruition. For as long as the play was happening as scheduled and I was on top of things, I was perfectly alright. For as long as they were all performing according to my prescribed script, I was okay. For as long as they were inside my tightly clenched fists, I was okay! Sensing a disruption here and there, I instantaneously rise to my feet and simply figure out how I can put it back the way I want to. I am at peace…or so I thought…

No one but God knew that in my innermost part, I was always afraid of losing grip. God knew that my props have to be knocked out from beneath my feet. He knew that REST will always elude me as I continued to hold on to these . He knew that I will never be happy and free unless I stop directing my life and other people’s lives. Little by little, he took them out from my hands. Painful as it was, I never realized how relieved I was! August 8, 2007, I wrote: “Effective today, Lord, I am resigning from my appointed role. I am turning over to you the rightful directorship of this play. I’m out of this, Lord!” That day, I received my REST, just as God promised me.

As 2008 unfolds before me, I can never thank God enough for my 2007 journey. When I find myself tempted to write a new script again, Ooops…I have resigned already! God has done a most perfect job and I cannot ask for more!

Prayer:
Lord, thank you very much for this experience. May we always remember that when you require something from us, it is never meant to harm us but to make us know that only when we allow you to do as you please in us, will we be most secure and free. Thank you Lord that when you strip us, you want to sustain us. Give me a trusting heart everyday. In Christ’s Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries