“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Sunday, January 27, 2008

Revelations Part III

by (JSL) Proverbs 31 Woman!

WAIT UPON HIM

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry."
Psalm 40:1

Bible Passage
: Psalm 40:12-31

Real Life:
God engraved three major words in my heart: HUMILITY, WISDOM, and now, WAIT.

The words in Isaiah 40:31 says, “But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.”

The magnificent, all-knowing God, bestowed to me the “wisdom” of “waiting” upon Him in my “humble” state. In reference, it is one of the most fascinating lessons in Isaiah 49:8, “This is what the Lord says: “In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you.” Isn’t this a wonderful promise? In no uncertain terms, God affirms the fact that he will answer and will help his people. But notice carefully the time slot for his help and answers: “in the time of my favor…. and in the day of salvation.” God has a designated time when his promise will be fulfilled and the prayer will be answered. It is a “day or moment” that he knows is best for the help to arrive and the deliverance to be accomplished.

And I wonder why God sighted the eagle as an illustration at the end of the verse. So with much curiousity, I made some research about this “magnificent” creature in the internet.

The eagle, known as the masters of the sky, represent a striking illustration of strength and courage. An eagle may have a wingspan ranges from 72 to 85 inches. Its wings are long and broad making them effective for soaring. Soaring is accomplished with very little wing-flapping, enabling them to conserve energy. An eagle’s tail is very important for flight and maneuvering. While the eagle is soaring or gliding in flight, the tail feathers are spread in order to attain the largest surface area and increase the effect of thermals to fly up and high. (http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/eagles/masters.html)

What an astounding representation! Our difficult situations are not hidden from God, nor are we being disregarded because we don’t yet see the answer. Furthermore, we don’t have to give in to unbelief because God gives “power to the weak.” But one thing I’m very sure of. When the time of favor comes for the fulfillment of His promises, it will flow, effortless! I will mount my wings and soar casually like an eagle and fly in the horizon wherever the hand of the Lord leads me.

To Ponder upon:
What is your strength? Is it your youth? ... your conditioning? ... your wisdom? ... your friends? ... your experience?… your material resources? None of us can depend upon our human ability. Health, wisdom, and wealth are all vulnerable to the fragility of life and circumstance. Only the LORD can ensure that we can survive the unthinkable, thrive in the mundane, and soar in good times. Let's call upon, let's wait upon, let's depend upon the LORD and soar effortless like an eagle!

Prayer:
My Lord, my first love, thank you for sustaining me through the hard times in my life. Thank you for helping me soar, doing things for you that I never dreamed I could accomplish. Father, thank you for blessing me during the everyday comings and goings of life. I depend upon you for help and strength. For every good thing in my life I praise you and thank you. In Jesus' name I pray. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Revelations IV coming soon.

No comments:

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries