“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
Titus 2:3-5


Sunday, January 13, 2008

Revelations – Part I

STREAMS IN THE DESERT
by JSL

“Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.
For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert.”
Isaiah 35:6

Bible Passage: Exodus 13-14

Real Life:
Pastor Joe’s sermon pierced my heart today and hit me to the very core. Everything about it was a summary of my life’s journey this past year. It ministered to me deeply that even upon this writing, I am processing and savoring the goodness of the Lord in my life.

Allow me to share with you His revelations. This may take several parts so please bear with me. My recent experiences have taught me “great and mighty” things, I often couldn’t fathom. They were revealed to me by bits and pieces, as though being nurtured, fed unhurriedly, so I could digest the very essence of His plans for my life.

Last year was probably one of the lowest times in my life. I failed the local nursing board exams and I was devastated! It was so important to me that failing meant losing the very hopes and dreams I had for my family.

I grieved as though I had never grieved in my life before. God, in His magnificent power was communing to me that very instant. I was in the desert and for a while, God led me to this part of the Bible:
- Exodus 13:2 “Consecrate yourself”
- Exodus 14:14 “You only need to be still”
- Exodus 14:15 “Move on”

Then He led me to these verses:

“He sends the springs into the valleys; they flow among the hills.” Psalm 104:10 NKJV

“7 For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills; 8 a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey; 9 a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing; a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper. 10 When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the LORD your God for the good land which He has given you.” Deuteronomy 8: 7 – 10 NKJV

What a promise! Somehow, these three passages brought me peace. At this point in my life, God graciously provided me an oasis of restoration where I least expected. God assured me that no mountain is too high, no desert valley too parched, for springs of life-giving hope and strength comes flowing from an endless ocean of grace.

Action Step:
In a piece of paper or in your journal, enumerate the failures in your life. Then, opposite to that, list down God’s faithfulness and the things He has done to restore you.

Prayer:
My Lord, You have for me these springs and I need them everyday. Let me drink of your living water. Let me receive Him into my heart that I may never thirst and run dry wherever you lead me. Amen.

Part II coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

....just what I needed today... thanks for sharing.

jea said...

..very inspiring. Go the distance my dear..God bless!!!

Anonymous said...

...very inspiring. Go the distance and take care!!!

P 31 said...

Hi Jea, thank you for your encouragement. I'm blessed to be a blessing! Please drop by again or subscribe for new posts.
Shalom!
JSL (Delightfully Woman)

Search the Bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Apples of Gold Ministries